Who doesn’t love breakfast? I certainly do. Most of my mornings start out with either oatmeal or a smoothie, but that doesn’t mean I always eat the same. I’m also not a huge fan of plain oatmeal, or porridge. You don’t have to love porridge to love oatmeal!
Here’s what I do.. I fill a cup with frozen berries, cover it with oat-, almond- or soy milk and add at least a handful of gluten free oats. I heat it up, and cover it with goodies!
– Gluten free, organic oats
– Oat, almond or soy milk
– Berries (I prefer a mix of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and currants. I buy these in a huuge bag that I keep in the freezer)
– Hemp seeds
– Chia seeds
– More oats
– Bee pollen (non vegan)
– Granola (I used this one in the pictures)
– Coconut shreds, unsweetened
– Spirulina, acai or baobab powder (I used spirulina in the picture because of it’s amazing health benefits)
– Almond butter
If you want it to be sweeter, add some maple syrup!
Another breakfast recommendation: grapefruit! I cut it in half, then slice the pulp into eight pieces, by following the white lines, before detaching it from the peel. Then I easily eat it with a fork! For some reason I find it less bitter when I eat it this way. Add a large glass of water to this meal and it’s a perfect breakfast.
Have a great morning!